Grilled Pineapple Jerk Chicken Salad: Try the Recipe
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Salad for dinner? Listen to us.
“I love dinner salads in the summer, especially if the grill is involved,” says Colleen Milne of TheFoodBlog.net, adding that the chicken in this salad is marinated in jerk seasoning for a spicy kick that can be dialed in. upwards or downwards.
The chicken only takes about 10 minutes to grill, and grilling the pineapple adds a nice depth of flavor.
“This Caribbean-inspired salad is fresh, full of flavor and simple,” Milne told Fox News Digital. “Everything you eat in the summer should be.”
15 MINUTE SHRIMP TACOS WITH SALAD: TRY THE RECIPE
Jerk Chicken Salad by Colleen Milne of TheFoodBlog.net
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
HOW TO MAKE BURNT END MAC AND CHEESE: TRY THE RECIPE
1 medium onion diced
1 Scotch Bonnet pepper
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
2 minced garlic cloves
2 inches chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp chilli
1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
EASY STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER FROM SCRATCH FOR YOUR NEXT POTLUCK: TRY THE RECIPE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 slices of fresh pineapple, ½ inch thick
4 cups mixed greens
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
1 cup chopped cucumber
1 red bell pepper, seeded, cored and cut into strips
½ cup sliced red onion
1 sliced avocado
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup of honey
¼ cup lime juice (2-3 limes}
1 minced garlic clove
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS
1. Process all marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Put the chicken and thyme sprigs in a freezer bag with a zipper.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and massage to coat all the chicken
4. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
5. Heat grill to 400°F or medium-high. Spray it with cooking spray.
6. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°
7. Grill the pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
8. Let the chicken rest before slicing. Cut the pineapple slices into pieces.
9. Combine all the salad ingredients except the chicken in a large salad bowl.
10. Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously to combine.
11. Pour dressing over salad ingredients, tossing gently.
12. Top salad with sliced chicken and serve.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
This original recipe belongs to TheFoodBlog.net and was shared with Fox News Digital.