Recipe: Caribbean Chicken Burger
Recipe courtesy of Chef Nino/Rouses Markets
2 pounds ground chicken
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime zest (use a Microplane grater)
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried coriander
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1½ cups Italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of milk
1 small onion, grated
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons Rouses olive oil
8 hamburger buns
Thinly sliced dill pickle, enough to cover 6-8 burgers
Thinly sliced Rouses ham, enough to cover 6-8 burgers
Yellow mustard, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, minced garlic, lime zest, oregano, parsley, cilantro, cumin, granulated garlic and onion, salt, black pepper , brown sugar, paprika and cayenne pepper (if using) and mix well.
3. Then add the breadcrumbs, milk, onion and eggs to the spice mixture and mix well to combine.
4. Now add the ground chicken and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape the portions into patties.
5. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Arrange the patties in the skillet and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
6. Transfer the golden patties to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place the baking dish in the preheated oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155ºF. 7. Serve burger patties on burger buns and top each burger with pickles, ham and mustard…aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Road, Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Road, Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Download the FOX10 weather app. Receive severe weather warnings and alerts for your location, wherever you are. Available for free in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.