Recipe of the day: Jamaican jerk chicken
Sundays are the best days to gather the whole family and have a good time together. What’s a family reunion without a delicious, hearty, hearty Sunday meal?
Recreate this tasty Jamaican jerk chicken recipe for you and your family that you will all love.
Jamaican jerk chicken
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4-6 Scotch Bonnet peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks green onions, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chilli
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or use fresh if available
- Salt and pepper to taste
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the Day: Marmalade Baked Sausages with Delicious Pea Salad
- For jerk marinade, add all marinade ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Then poke a few holes in your chicken with a knife to let the marinade soak in more deeply.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or resealable bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and rub it. You can completely cover the chicken with the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours, but you’ll get better flavor penetration if you schedule and refrigerate overnight. Discard the marinade.
- Bray the chicken. Heat a charcoal or gas grill over medium-high heat and lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the chicken for 12 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. It should measure 165 degrees F internally.
- Cook the chicken. Heat your oven to 204 degrees C. Bake the chicken for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. It should measure 165 degrees F internally. Grilling is more traditional, but cooking is easy.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This recipe was found on chilipeppermadness.com